Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Guatemala Day 4 (Part 2)


This was a great second day of serving at the malnutrition center! The Ducks and Squirrels were ready to play, the Chicks and Bunnies had fun with their toys, and the Canaries were happy to see us! Everything went smoothly and during "Project" time we were able to paint much of the center and organize donations. We also had a new addition to the Canaries, Carlos! Today was wonderful and we are so blessed by the love that these children show us! Thank you for your prayers!

Lori, Tiffany, and Howie had the joy of visiting a nursing home in San Juan today. They shared the joy they saw as they visited the 50 residents of the "adult day care" center that is provided by the First Lady of Guatemala.  They were so impressed that we will be sending a team of 8 tomorrow to minister to these beautiful residents.


Thoughts from Cynthia Cottrill:

Guatemala: There's a strange energy here. Plans don't work here. Time slips past in odd ways, like no one looks at watches, like no one cares how long something takes. I've never experienced anything like it. It's really rather beautiful, even when every part of you is screaming "schedule" But here in Guatemala I just can't seem to find a way. I get sucked in. It forced you to confront your ways. The people here are living very happy lives. " the whopping great reflection that bounds back at you is this: perhaps the way I've been doing things isn't right. I asked for this.... My desperate need to know what life can be like with less rigidity, with looser plans, without my happiness depending on what happens next. My knot of anxiety and my panic about not getting things done . Ah in Guatemala I say that's why god invented tomorrow. I'm letting the day pass as it needs to.











No comments:

Post a Comment