Thursday, July 7, 2011

We're gonna need more Space Bags!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so encouraged by the outpouring of donations, encouraging words, hugs, and prayers from the people of my Bible Study, Church, and community. I can't wait to share the love you have shown me with the children at the malnutrition center in Guatemala.

Before I get there though, I have to pack! I consider myself to be somewhat of a procrastinator, so the fact that I've put some thought into packing and have actually started to stuff one of my suitcases says a lot! I have received so many donations of diapers, wipes, creams, clothes, and shoes that I will have more than one suitcase full! This however, is an excellent problem to have and will be hopefully solved by using those nifty Space Bags. Rest assured, I will be cramming everything possible into my two bags and carry on and making sure that whatever leftovers are squeezed into someone else's bag before that 50 lb limit. No diapers left behind!

For now, I would ask that you pray for our group consisting of people across the state of Florida who are preparing just like me to leave home for a week. The weather report looks pretty rainy and we are supposed to build two houses, so pray that no matter the weather, we get the job done. Pray also for our hearts- it's not easy to see poverty, especially children who are hungry. Finally, pray that things go smoothly with this international travel business, and that if things don't go as planned that we will be flexible. Those of you who know me know that I've had some pretty interesting traveling experiences thus far! So, I can't wait to update you and share my experiences with you. ~Sarah

If you're into blogs or Orphan's Heart, check out the Guatemala blog that is updated pretty frequently: http://fbchinternationalchildcare.blogspot.com/ Watch out though, if you read it, you will want to go! ;)

1 comment:

  1. May I first say just how proud I am of your blog... makes me smile. If I thought you could suck me into one of your space bags, I'd volunteer. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see the faces of the children you will be with. Be sure to make extra brownie points with Howie, we need him to like us for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete