Wednesday, June 11, 2014

2014 Summer Mission Team Updates



FLORIDA'S FIRST ASSEMBLY MIAMI MISSION TEAM




Today, I had the opportunity to travel to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and give my time, efforts, and dedication to organizing a warehouse for "4Kids" which is an organization that helps with a foster program that places children in Christian-based homes, and has a warehouse to help supply the needs a couple might require for housing that child or children. After helping with that, we went to a church where we were served a meaI to the homeless. I am not familiar with serving the homeless and borderline homeless, especially in Fort Lauderdale, so when the opportunity came, I took it. Although the meal being served had a stench, we still served with a smile. As I was serving, I had the opportunity to talk with a man who told me his life story, and the entire time, I was on the verge of tears. I realized, through his story, that I truly am grateful for what I have, and I take so much for granted, like my family, my clothes, my home, and my financial status. He told me of how he lost his wife due to murder, his kids due to court, and he has a degree in accounting, but that's not big here and he has to stay in Wilton Manors, which is a place for the disabled. He is keeping his faith in The Lord, which just encourages me to keep going, no matter how hard things get. -Steven
Today I got to talk with a guy name Will. He told me about how he lost his family and job and his story was sad so at first I was kind of scared to ask him if he wanted me to pray with him.but I forgot about being nervous and asked him if he wanted me to pray and he actually said yes.I prayed for him and he said thank you. He said come visit me and I might have a update for you and I said ok.and I told him I would keep him in my prayers and visit him. -Lizzy Yesterday before we went out to start the day. I asked the girls if they had something they wanted me to pray about while on this trip and Lizzy had asked for boldness and thankfully she stepped out and prayed with the man she met. - Elizabeth

Great church service at Central Bible Church tonight! An entire family was baptized, because their desire was to completely follow Jesus! They saw a sign at the church that read You belong here! Got married to live right in Gods eyes, became active in the church, and couldn't wait until the next baptism and talked to the pastor that they wanted to do it as soon as possible, mom, dad and their 3 sons. All this within 3-4mo. God is awesome and can work thru any situation we face! - Elizabeth


NEW HOPE NICARAGUA MISSION TEAM
Finished another house for a blind lady and her children and told the story of Noah and the ark to kids at backyard bible club. God is good.

Painting fingernails and making balloon animals for the children today. Spreading God's love.


The Allbritton's presenting a handmade quilt to the new homeowner today!!!! She was in tears receiving both the house & the quilt!! 

UGANDA MISSION TEAM 

SMM is adding a new mission team for you all to be praying for this summer. The Uganda Mission Team is from Bayside Community Church. 

A detailed journey of their trip can be found at: http://www.projectayinza.com/updates/
Hi All! Here are some photos from the childrens village we visited today. It is similar to how we want to set up the Ayinza project. Tomorrow we head out to Mpongo and will have no internet access for the next 7 days or so. What we hope to do is send one person to the internet café and then have family back home "share" the status. Our most challenging portion of the trip lies ahead. Thank you for your prayers! -Cyndee



No comments:

Post a Comment