Friday, August 8, 2014

FBCBG Update

Friday August 8th
I write this final blog with a bitter-sweet note. It is bitter because I truly do love the Ecuadorian people. FBCBG, God has called us to minister to the people of Tabacundo and I would like to take this moment to encourage you to be in serious prayer about your personal participation in our Ecuador mission. There are six new comers from our church on this trip and everyone of them are absolutely fired up and ready to return to minister to these incredibly beautiful people. The reason it is sweet is because I will be seeing my wife tomorrow and I always miss her when we are separated.

Today, Paola again made me walk streets by myself. In fact, she put four of us men on a bus from Tabacundo to Cayambi to pass out flyers. Now remember, not a single one of us men speak spanish. Once again, comfort zone stretcher. It was such a stretcher of events that I learned where I need to get off of the bus in Tabacundo. Ask me why I know where I am to get off, because I thought the bus route went from Cayambi to Tabacundo and back. So, we stayed on the bus after our stop and finally got off of the bus past Las Esperanza and got on another bus to bring us back to Tabacundo. The point being is you ought to have seen me talking with the bus guys in my incredibly poor spanish.
We had the privilege of eating cui and it was very good. Tonight we have eaten Angela’s empanadas. We are all rolling around instead of walking at the moment.


We had our last night of concerts in Cayambi and it was wonderful. For the final time, our professional Ecuadorian clowns came and performed and shared the gospel. Our band sang and did a wonderful job. The girls once again played the part of clowns and made balloons. One of the things I have not shared with you all week is one part of our events. At the end of every performance we asked for everyone interested in knowing the Lord to go and meet with individuals in different locations around our venues. The guys would tear down the equipment and the ladies were the ones sharing the gospel with all of these people. It was an amazing experience for our ladies. 

Tonight fifteen people prayed to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. Seven kids were invited to attend the VBS at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Cayambi. As I have said so many times, the real work begins now. Paola has the big job of doing the immediate follow-up with them, but our team that is coming back in October has a lot of work to do. We need to really get these tear one believers to turn into tear two disciples that are making new disciples.

It is now 9:50 p.m. and we leave in four hours and ten minutes. We still have a good bit of work to do and to finish our packing and then we are going to just hang out and relax. Beloved, it is going to be a long long night. Please pray for us as we head home. We love you FBCBG and can’t wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment