Sunday, August 17, 2014


I am back in Buffalo!  However parts of me are very much still in the DR. I learned so much in just a short time that I hope never to forget.

I learned about time, perspective, patience, self-sacrifice, relationships and LOVE. The love that I saw, felt, received and gave all points to one place. The LOVE that has been given to me even though many times I don’t deserve it; The love that came when Jesus died for mine and your sins so that we might live forever with LOVE and in LOVE.

When I first got to the Emanuel House, Adrienne and Mirqueya said to observe and that we would talk about how I could help.  How I can help?! What do I know that someone else doesn’t or hasn’t said or done?  This scared me!! Terrified me actually… what did I have that I could do or give? I met people and saw people do lots already for this ministry. What made them think that I could do anything?

I had to come face to face with not feeling good enough, a lie that the world feeds many people through different things.

The bible says,

“being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;” Phil 1:6

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.” Psalm 138:8



So after getting over “myself” and worrying and be afraid of not doing something different or better or good enough I was able to build relationships with the teachers and missionaries at Emanuel House.

I am so thankful for being able to take time to get to know some very special ladies. The Lord allowed me (me???! Yes! Me!!!) to make some teachers feel special and loved, he allowed me to participate in a teacher training in the DR(how crazy is that), I was able to go into a public school and make copies and copies (thousands) to print a reading and math curriculum for EH, I was then able to present the material to the teachers. It is my prayer that it becomes so much more than sheets of paper with words that It becomes a tool to change hearts and lives to learn how to serve the Lord so that there are changes in the minds and hearts of the people in the DR.

Thank you Lord that you allowed me to be a part of this little thing. I know I will be returning to the DR, I just don’t know the details like when or how. Please pray that I follow and listen to the still small voice.

In the meantime I am not sure what this school year holds but I do know that I am going to move forward with plans to lead a trip or two to the DR. I ask you to consider joining me!  I would love to chat to any and all of you about the DR, missions both local and foreign and this little thing called LOVE. I can’t wait to see what God has already planned! Thank you to all those you prayed and supported to make this possible! I am forever changed by the love.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment